“The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on physicians’ overall happiness. Medscape’s 2021 Physician Lifestyle & Happiness Report found that before the pandemic 82% of doctors reported being somewhat happy or happy, but in 2020 that number dropped to only 48%. Even more alarming, Medscape’s Physician Burnout and Suicide Report found that 71% of physicians say burnout is moderately or severely impacting their lives.
Many physicians, however, have found a solution to address burnout: locum tenens. Here’s how locum tenens gave six physicians the control and flexibility they needed to balance their personal and professional lives.”
- Dictating your own schedule
- A focus on patient care, not bureaucracy
- Using locums to enjoy life outside of work
- Rediscovering your love of medicine
- Finding the right work/life balance
To learn more, click the link below for the full article.
By: Jen Hunter