“‘Learning how others are tackling the obstacles our industry faces and embracing the new opportunities helps us serve the locum tenens industry better,’ says Olivia Reed, NALTO’s Conference Committee Chair. ‘This year, I’m especially excited about the Past, Present, and Future President’s panel. It’s going to be such a unique experience to learn how our industry has shifted over the years and what these industry experts foresee for the future.’
Amidst record-breaking growth in the temporary physician staffing market, the locum tenens world converges once again next week for the annual Fall Fly-In hosted by the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations on Sept. 26-27, 2023, in picturesque Park City, Utah.”
By Bradley Roberts
Read the entire article by clicking here: https://www.locumpedia.com/news/2023-nalto-fall-fly-in-preview/
MD Staff Pointe has been placing physicians and mid-levels in locum and permanent positions throughout the United States since 2007. What sets them apart is their primary focus on sub-specialties. Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Critical Care, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Pediatrics, Pulmonology, Surgery (across disciplines) and Urology are some of the core specialties to name a few.
Two of the leaders at MD Staff Pointe shared some of their experience working with clients in the Q&A below; with efforts to help the healthcare staffing industry and provide a look inside MD Staff Pointe.
Q: In your own words describe your role and its purpose.
- A1: I am one of the bus drivers. My duty is to generate as many opportunities possible for MDSP to staff and help with physician shortages nationwide.
- A2: Oversee and lead the team to partner with clients around the US who utilize our services.
Q: How long have you been in business development for Healthcare Staffing?
Q: What is your approach to getting to know the key players in the healthcare industry?
- A1: I begin with Medical Staff Office. The MSO handle credentialing and typically know the department contacts.
- A2: Storytelling, sharing experiences working with clients and specific placements at facilities.
Q: What are the kinds of clients you are looking to partner with?
- A1: I work from the top down approach. I start with the health systems that feed into others. This type of partnership holds value with smaller sites.
- A2: Single specialty and multi-specialty groups based in suburban areas. Our core specialties cater to helping support these physicians and provide access to patients in their community.
Q: Describe the ideal client
- A1: The ideal client utilizes most specialties and are not restricted to work with any one group. They also demonstrate favorable responsiveness.
- A2: The ideal client would allow us to solve their staffing shortages first.
Q: Name 3 benefits clients can expect when they partner with you/MD Staff Pointe.
- A1: Responsiveness, Integrity, Work ethic
- A2: One point of contact throughout the search/placement process, full disclosure presentations, up-to-date communication
Q: What sets MD Staff Pointe apart?
- A1: We are specialized and have a robust pipeline of subspecialty physicians and surgeons across the US.
- A2: MDSP focuses on searching/placing hospital based specialties, consultants, and surgery
From small critical access hospitals, rural hospitals to large health system MD Staff Pointe is here for the expected, unexpected, and everything in between and strives to provide superior service during the search, placement, credentialing, and logistics phases of healthcare staffing.
For more information about how MD Staff Pointe can help your facility go to: Request Coverage page.
Or to find out more about us go to: About MDSP page
Follow us on LinkedIn for news, blogs, and more!
There are so many benefits of becoming a locum tenens provider. Whether you are a recent graduate, recently retired, or anyone in between, you can benefit greatly from locum opportunities. Read on to see why many providers are making the switch.
Recent studies have shown that Locum Tenens physician can earn up to 50% more. This can be a great benefit to those looking to pay off student loans, retired physicians looking to earn some income while they slow down, or those simply wishing to supplement their current income.
Flexibility – Work/Life Balance
Locum Tenens physicians can choose to work as much or as little as they want to provide themselves the flexibility for their desired lifestyle all while preventing burnout.
New Work Settings
Locum Tenens physicians are exposed to various environments and hospital systems. This provides a plethora of new situations and opportunities to expand your career.
In addition to helping hospitals and communities that are in need of quality care, you will have opportunities to meet new people and patients.
Try Out Your New Career
For those who are just finishing their residencies and do not know what kind of work they want to do or where they want to live doing Locum Tenens can help you make better decisions.
The Chance to Travel to New Places
Locum Tenens work is available nationwide and provides access to those wishing to travel from the West Coast to the East Coast.
More Employment Opportunities
The Healthcare staffing industry and the need for locum tenens providers is on the rise. 90% of healthcare facilities use locum tenens providers and with an anticipated shortfall of 150,000 doctors in the next 10-15 years, the demand for coverage is only going to increase. This will open up even more opportunities nationwide to travel and explore. At MD Staff Pointe malpractice, travel, and credentialing are taken care of on your behalf! So why wait?
For current job and travel opportunities go to https://jobs.mdstaffpointe.com/
For more information about becoming a Locum Tenens provider with MD Staff Pointe go to https://www.mdstaffpointe.com/faqs/